Living life in the small small world

Living life in the small small world
Stolling along the sun kissed beach, kicking pebbles as I walk in this small yet cosy world of my own, shut out from the harsh reality of the outside world; I live my life in this small enclosed world.

Monday 13 June 2011

Wise words

"Some failure in life is inevitable;
it is impossible to live without failing at something
unless you live so cautiously that
you might as well not lived at all.
In which case, you fail by default."

J.K Rowling. Harvard Commencement Speech 2008.

Funny how I chanced on this as I struggled to find speeches inspirational enough to motivate myself to strive for HD grades. I suppose this perspective on failure provides a stark reminder that life ain't perfect, so there's no point trying to make it so.

Applying this to other aspects of life, I see that I could have lived life happier. A failure is a failure is a failure. Things would have been different if mistakes were not made, but we make mistakes and such is life. Being careless, I make more. It took me a long while to realise that once a mistake is made, nothing can be done to undo it. Not even repentence. Only forgiveness could bring forth the opportunity for a second chance. I hope and pray earnestly that day will come. But for now, all that I can do, all that I must do, is to channel my worries towards doing well and accepting failures that come my way. And smile.

For now, I'll have to, and I'll try to, move on and live on.

Your world, your rules

Your world, your rules
Waking up to the world you are in total control of -- your dreams.